Thursday, October 25, 2012

Reading Rocks! 3 Books to read with your kids this weekend

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents." 
- Emilie Buchwald

Every Thursday I will post a list of 3 books to read to your kids.   Buy them, borrow them, read them cherish them, share them.

With Halloween closing in, this week's round-up has a spooky(ish) theme:

Goodnight Goon by Michael Rex
A parody of Margaret Wise Brown's classic bedtime story.



Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman
Even a small creature can solve a big problem



Boo by Robert Munsch
How scary is YOUR Halloween make-up.  
You and your kids will get a kick out of this fun story. 




Do you have recommendations for books to read to kids?  Comment below and I may just post them next week!



Stumble this post

2 comments:

  1. We love Munsch and all Canadians authors around here. Goodnight Moon is one of the kids favourites. Just getting your November "I Am Canadian" feature article ready. Only two more sleeps.

    Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo
    http://www.journeysofthezoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Sarah! I am excited! Let me know what I'm suppose tondonfor you again... Maybe send me an email outlining it?

      Delete